M.P Windfarms Ltd
ABOUT M.P WINDFARMS LTD (MPWL)
Economic and efficient implementation and operation of Wind Power Project calls for high quality technical input in terms of identification of site,¬†micrositing¬†of WEG, grid evacuation etc. Qualified and experienced staff is also needed to ensure trouble-free and efficient operation and maintenance.
To facilitate investment for Wind Electricity Generation by small Investors, a Joint Sector Company ‚Äď M.P.Windfarms¬†Limited (MPWL) was promoted to provide :
- Comprehensive design, engineering, project supervision and implementation services along with necessary infrastructure facilities at most reasonable cost.
- To provide lifetime operation and maintenance services in a most cost effective manner through highly competent team of engineers and technicians.
With such resource available from one single agency, the Investors are required to only arrange for investment.
M.P.¬†Windfarms¬†Ltd is a Joint Sector (Public Limited) Company promoted as per¬†Guidelines of MNRE(Ministry of New¬†& Renewable Energy) Govt. of¬†India¬†under¬†an MOU¬†between & by ‚Äď
- Consolidated Energy Consultants Ltd (CECL) ‚Äď (51% equity) the pioneer consultants in the field of wind energy in India having rendered services to the Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources (MNES), Various State Nodal Agencies, The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, DANIDA & several Private windfarm owners, etc. CECL nominates six Directors including the Managing Director.
- M.P. Urja Vikas Nigam (MPUVN) ‚Äď (25% equity) the nodal agency of M.P. State Government. MPUVN nominates three Directors out of which Managing Director of MPUVN is the Ex-Officio Chairman.
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) ‚Äď (24% equity) ‚Äď the sole outfit under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Government of India, for promoting and financing of renewable energy projects. IREDA nominates two Directors, one of them is Director (Wind Power) of MNRE.
The Company¬†was incorporated in October 1994.
MODUS OPERANDI :
For Wind Farm Projects, MPWL provides all engineering services and project co-ordination right from design to commissioning which includes preparation of DPR and Detailed construction drawings, Bill of materials, Execution of Civil and electrical works, Supervision of erection and commissioning etc. For all these services MPWL charges approx. 5% of the project cost as their service charges. Investors only arrange the finance for the project.
After implementation, MPWL operate and maintain the turbines (Wind Electric Generators ‚Äď WEG) for lifetime (Project life 20 years). MPWL charges a fixed amount owners (investor) of the WEGs for manpower provided for operation and maintenance, which works out to be very cheap in view of large number of turbines installed in a¬†windfarm.
A large number of turbines are connected to a metering point and the entire electricity generated is fed to the grid of MPSEB. The total energy delivered to MPSEB grid is apportioned on per turbine basis as per actual meter reading of individual WEG.
The cost of consumables and minor spares are charged on actual basis. Major spares are directly procured by the Investor but necessary assistance is provided by MPWL.
Since the cost of common infrastructure of¬†windfarm¬†e.g. road, grid etc. is equally apportioned, the project cost works out to be cheaper. The cost of manpower for operation and maintenance is also much lower in MPWL Project.
The true single window services, provided by MPWL, has been highly appreciated by the Investors. It is really a hassle free implementation and operation for small Investors.
ACHIEVEMENT ‚Äď TECHNICAL :
- The Company implemented the first project of 13 MW Wind Power Project at¬†Jamgodrani¬†Hills, NearDewas¬†of Bhopal-Indore Highway during 1995-1999. Comprising 225kW WEGs. Operation & Maintenance of the Wind Power Project is carried out by MPWL.
- The second 15 MW project with 25¬†Nos¬†600¬†kW WEGs¬†was implemented¬†between 2005-2008 at Nagda¬†Hills, Near¬†Dewas. The WEGs are operated and maintained by the WEG Supplier. The infrastructure is maintained by MPWL.
- The Company along with CECL provided consultancy services on Turnkey basis to ONGC for 51MW Wind Power Project in¬†Gujarat.
- The Company along with CECL also provided Consultancy services to IREDA/MNRE for Re-powering of old Demonstration¬†windfarm¬†projects.
- The Company provided Consultancy services to ONGC for feasibility study of Wind-Solar Hybrid System in¬†Massorie¬†and¬†Goa.
- The Company is in the process of identification of new windy sites in association with CECL.
- The Company along with CECL is providing Consultancy Services to¬†Petronet¬†LNG Ltd for development of Wind Power Project.
The model developed by MPWL is now being universally followed by all WEG manufacturers to provide Turn-key solution.